Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

One Horrible Cruise

Sail Date: June 17, 2006

Overall, it was the most horrible cruise vacation that I ever had. The staff on the ship were the most unfriendly bunch. There are few exceptions, but majority of the staff never seem to smile. Some were down right rude. Services over all were very poor in the extreme. Food was bad, boring with no varieties. Buffet food was pretty much the same everyday. Food in the dinning room was not any better. Their menu hardly changes from day to day. This was a seven days cruise, the lamb chop was served at least 3 times. Paid dinning was not any better. We had some sushi in the japanese restaurant on board, and it was the worst sushi I ever had. The Italian restaurant was also mediocre. The bed was so uncomfortable. The center of the mattress sunk down. They need to get new mattresses. My family had total of 5 rooms and the mattresses in all the rooms are in the same condition. My sister's back was hurting so bad that she ended up sleeping on the floor which she claimed to be better than sleeping on the bed. To say the least, I will never cruise with Norwegian cruiseline ever again.

Pros: getting off the ship

Cons: being on the ship

Skagway, Alaska
We had fun on a hiking and canoeing trip. Again, time was limited, didn't have much time to do anything else
Ketchikan, Alaska
the Eagle, light house and totem pole excursion is a waste of time.
Juneau, Alaska
I enjoy the visit to the garden and the Mendenhall Glacier, but didn't really have any time left to do anything else.
Juneau, Alaska
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
There was not a whole lot of things to do in this port, plus the ship was there only for few hours during the evening.
Ketchikan, Alaska
the Eagle, light house and totem pole excursion is a waste of time.
Prince Rupert, British Columbia