Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A good cruise for the ports of call

Sail Date: December 01, 2006

This is my fourth cruise and three of them have been booked through your site. I loved the ports of call on this cruise. The service on board the ship leaves much to be desired. I played BINGO and they have electronic cards. On the first night that I played I asked the question "How does this device work?" I received this answer - It's not hard and that was the end of my answer. What I should have been told was "We will be telling you how to use the machine in a few minutes and with a smile. The workers on this ship acted as if we were in their way. If you are walking with a plate of food and the are coming toward you, you are expected to move out of their way. They don't try to assist you with your plates, there are no trays for carrying your food, and they don't come to find out if you need anything else while dining. The only good dining experience I had was in one of the restaurants. I didn't receive a card in my cabin for room service, my cabin stewart was rude. He came to our cabin doing our private time and insisted that we let him in to fill the bar from the last trip. This should have been done while we were out or before we were allowed into our cabin. We also had to ask for hand soap and kleenex in the bathroom. A dirty glass remained in our cabin during the entire trip.

Pros: I loved all of the ports

Cons: The service onboard the ship. The people do not go out of their way to assist you.

Recommends Norwegian Sun? Yes!

The food needed more seasoning, the variety was small, the convenience of dining was OK. The menus in the specialty restaurants offered some variety. There is a cover charge for some of the specialty restaurants. (All food should be included in the cost)
The staterooms are small, but nice. The beds are comfortable and the conditions are good. I loved the location of my room. I was close to the elevators, etc.
They didn't go out of their way to assist you with service. We asked for a bar drink in the casino and ended up getting it ourselves. Not one person on that ship went above and beyond. I have had this pleasure on other ships.
The ship was very clean and well kept.
Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala