Alaska Cruise

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska & Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 19, 2006
Ship: Norwegian Sun
The ship seemed small and not very crowded, which was great. The Freestyle dining was great as we got to choose when and where to eat dinner.

I thought the food choices were just fair. On previous cruises I remember having a hard time choosing entrees. Here there were some nights the selections were awful. I didn't come on a cruise to eat meatloaf.

This is the worst port I have ever been to. We had great weather (unusual for this town) but nothing to do. We visited the Safeway and the Seven-Eleven!
Weather was terrible and the helicoper tour (which was rescheduled from Juneau) was canceled again. When I asked the guy if this was unusual, he responded they had not flown much this summer. It would have been good to know this in advance, as by the time we got the word it was cancelled it was too late to book anything else.
Whale watching was good here. We booked the helicopter tour of the glacier which was canceled due to weather, which was disappionting.
Zip line tour was great. Lumberjack show was also good.

Pros: Freestyle Dining

Cons: Food choices