just ok

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Second Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 31, 2016

This is an older ship and the layout is weird. I have been on 13 cruises and these were by far the smallest cabins I have ever seen. The elevators don't all go to all the floors (even ones right next to each other). We had ok service (except in the dining room and our cabin steward), but nowhere near as good as we have had on other lines or on NCL Getaway (which we loved). The food was good and so were the drinks. In the dining room there were several nights when the kids didn't get their food until well after the adults were served, so that was disappointing.  our cabin steward was the worst we have ever had by a mile. I think this was the only time I didn't tip extra on a cruise. Overall, I would sail with NCL again, but only because we had such a great experience on the Getaway. If this had been our first experience, we probably wouldn't go back.