Some positives, but a lot of negatives
Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Sail Date: January 31, 2016
Cabin Type: Suite
Cabin Number: 11128
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 1 year ago
1. The best gym facility that we have seen on a ship
2. The Assistant Cruise Director and 2 of the Cruise Staff (Kenneth and Guido) were great; the show performers were very nice, especially when they had to work the buffet line due to a viral outbreak on the ship
3. The Ginza Noodle House had terrific food
4. The room was pretty nice
1. Overall, the food was mediocre
2. Several of the crew were clear misses. The cruise director acted like a frustrated stand-up comic; the DJ seemed to genuinely dislike people; Nesh in the fitness center was downright scary
3. The show material was TERRIBLE, especially the Burt Baccarat--we felt sorry for the performers!
4. There is TOO MUCH effort to add revenue during the cruise by charging for everything possible; in addition, the prices charged were roughly 20 percent higher than we have seen on other cruise lines.
5. The cabin steward was very nice, but clearly overworked--14 rooms/person too much (we generally see a 2-person team with 20 rooms, so roughly 10 rooms/person.)