Great cruise with minor inconveniences

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 03, 2016

I purchased a 5 meal specialty dining package and, once on-board, could only make reservations for 3 nights, with no choice of time. I ate at the same specialty restaurant twice, since that was all that was available. One night I ate at 5:30 and another night at 9:15. I purchased a $50 spa certificate that remains unused. The only thing I could get for $50 was a haircut and beard trim. There were no breakfast room service order forms in my room or any laundry bags. I had to find a steward each time I needed them. Getting off the ship was unclear. I had no information on luggage, times, and luggage tags. I ended up walking off the ship carrying several pieces of luggage, with difficulties on the stairs and the escalators.

Other than those minor inconveniences, it was a great 7 days. I highly recommend their other cruises; the 15-day Norwegian Capitals cruise in Europe, the Panama Canal, Jamaica and South America 15-day cruise, and the 7-day Hawaii cruise.

-CaryHappy

I purchased a 5 meal specialty dining package and, once on-board, could only make reservations for 3 nights, with no choice of time. I ate at the same specialty restaurant twice, since that was all that was available. One night I ate at 5:30 PM and another night at 9:15 PM. I purchased a $50 spa certificate that remains unused. The only thing I could get for $50 was a haircut and beard trim. There were no breakfast room service order forms in my room or any laundry bags. I had to find a steward each time I needed them. Getting off the ship was unclear. I had no information on luggage, times, and luggage tags. I ended up walking off the ship carrying several pieces of luggage, with difficulties on the stairs and the escalators. I would also like to return the $1800 tanzanite and diamond bracelet that I purchased on the ship. The clasp will not stay fastened and it has fallen off my wrist twice, once in the casino.

Make reservations for all dinners and any excursions that might have a limited capacity BEFORE you get on the ship.
Use a credit card, not your debit card for your room account.
After that, the cruise will be great. It is very 'Freestyle' everywhere except maybe 2 of the specialty restaurants.

When you get off the ship, go ONLY to the shops listed on your port guide/map. I spent over $500 on fake tanzanite jewelry.