Unique itinerary, smaller cruise ship, fun experience

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 31, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Star

Having never cruised to Mexico, I loved the addition of two countries, Honduras and Belize. This cruise satisfies those craving outdoor experiences as well as cultural ones. I am not a sports or beach person, so enjoyed the cultural and best of tours in each port. The ship is a Panamax, meaning it is not one of the huge ships, so it is very manageable. I would rate the food as 4/5, largely because I enjoyed the flexible dining options. There are no lobster  and baked Alaska nights, however. There were the usual games and acitivities. The pool area was smaller than on most ships, but, frankly one of the days I was confined to the cabin and the weather was cool, so that did not bother me. I enjoyed the entertainment....aerialists, dancing shows, comedy. My favorite night was the presentation of Paradis. The cruise director was humorous and two of the staff, Guido and Kenneth, were especially fun and friendly. Glad I experienced freestyle cruising on Norwegian.

Little room for clothes storage and luggage. Noisy at night as it must have backed up to a crew area. Very large shower with a sliding door, and not a curtain. The bathroom was very nice in this cabin.
This is a tender port.