Poor Experience

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

6 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 19, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Star

From the very start this was a poor experience. The check in process was not good. Then we left late due to the propulsion system being messed up. I researched to find the cruise line knew this was an issue prior to us getting on board. That's awful and really tricky. I will not do business with Norwegian again. The food was horrendous except for Ginza. That was good and we ate there nearly every night. The rooms were well maintained I have to say. The service was the worst part about the whole trip. The staff was rude and had zero customer service skills. There were two people on the ship that did well. Doreen in 5 o clock somewhere bar and Elena at the coffee place. Unfortunately this is a direct reflection on your company. As far as cheap cruises goes, they were not spectacular either. We could have booked directly with Norwegian and gotten a balcony room for about $75 for both my fiancé and I. That was a facade. I also tried getting my rebate when I got home and ran into issues. I called in and spoke to Nissana. This agent was rude, condescending, and had no understanding of empathy over the situation. I was told originally the credit would automatically apply only to find out that wasn't the case. I spoke to an agent while on the ship who also misinformed me. This led to Nissana who didn't care about what I'd already gone through. I escalated and spoke to Dianond who treated the situation more than adequately. She ensured I received the rebate/credit.

Overall, the experience was less than desirable and I'm not sure I will ever cruise again for fear it would be similar to this one.

I don't have kids.

Worst ever service. Doreen and Elana were great though.