Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Star Delayed but overall good cruise

Sail Date: October 19, 2015

Star did not depart until 3 am due to mechanical issues. Glad they got it fixed though. My overall experience was good, very positive attitude. Only observations worth mentioning is that on decks 6 & 7 the carpets had many stains- in fact I thought something had overflowed. On deck bar service is a bit slow- they really do need more staff and if you're going to have a smoking area ashtrays should be provided because people were using dishes. Loved all ports and the excursions I choose. Best excursion though had to be the Behind The Scenes tour of ship. It made me appreciate the crew even more.

First time having a balcony and I really did enjoy it. The room itself is a bit tight but we made do.
Didn't use as I have no children. However I saw the children doing their activities and they were having so much fun.
As with any cruise some of the shows and activities are better than others and some things I prefer over others.
Staff they had were great but really do need more. Loved Iain cruise director, but most outstanding to me was Anna Marie at the pasta station in Market Cafe. She went out of her way to speak and ask about my day, trips etc. I heard her with others as well and she was so genuine.
Tampa, Florida
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Loved this one the most. Beautiful area and beaches. Island tour and beach break was very nice.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Chacchoben Mayan Ruins were amazing to see and even enjoyed the ride to get there. Seeing the areas where others live is always something I like to see and hear about.
Went to Playa Mia on the Deluxe Beach Break. Included open National Bar and Buffet. The place itself was very nice, staff very friendly and helpful. There was alot of things to do.

Can't really think of anything. Some activities are held in Spinaker Lounge which can be a bit tight since it's not a very large area. And the above mentioned stained carpets. To me the ship had a good layout and lots of open deck areas which I love.