Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The training ship

Sail Date: November 01, 2015

Cabin: 8007,9229

I am striving to find something positive for 4 days,  I got nothing.  The beds in 2 different rooms sucked. Do Not book room 8007 or anywhere near it. The anchor dropped on the third day at 6:00 am. Shook the room for 20 minutes,  I was not ready to hear that for the rest of the cruise. Apparently common complaint according to service desk. Air conditioning did not work in that room either. Was moved to room 9229. Much quieter and ac worked a little better, held around 74°. Every time we ordered food something was forgotten. No seriously every single time. I was finding it humorous by the end. Saturday last day at sea the pool area was packed by 10:00 am. No waitstaff walked the area for drinks until 12:50. That is almost 3 hours of sales the ship lost. Only 2 people did take drink orders. Every single day they pushed book your next cruise with us. On the 3rd day we went to purchase, the cruise consultant  (who worked for Norwegian for 15 years ) was not able to answer 2 simple questions and said she will email corporate and call us at our new cabin the very next morning. On the final I went to visit her and ask if she received the answer about the package I wanted to book. She said the answer is no after I had to remind her who I am and what the question was also a lame excuse of the delay for her not getting back to me. Day after I got home checked my email to find out she was incorrect. Quality of the food was subpar. Brazilian restaurant cooked very  good filet but the chicken was overdone sausage was greasy and ribs were very dry.  Italian restaurant made good meatballs but the chicken parm was disgusting.  Dripping with oil. Cagney's steak was very fatty. I did like the French restaurant swordfish was very good. Still forgot an appetizer. Main dining rooms service was really bad. Several employees with no work ethics.  Several times dishes are left in the hallways for up to 2 days while the employees walk past them. Layout of the ship is not functional.  Some restaurants are right next to entertainment so you hear both the restaurant music and the live entertainment at the same time. Other restaurants are difficult to get to. Up one elevator walk down a the hall back down another elevator. I am a gold member for Norwegian, this by far is the worst one running. Many passengers started off the conversation complaining about it. This is the first time I am asking for my money back for a vacation ever.

Avoid 8007 or aNY thing close by. First room stewardess had a bad attitude to start. 9229 second stewardess had no social skills at all.
First time cruisers line moved faster then latitudes line.
Comedian was ok. The other shows had some inadequate singers.
Kevon who works in Le Bistro is the only one on that ship that truly loves his job.
No more chocolate buffet!

Find another ship to sail on.