Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

Good Cruise, Ageing Ship

Sail Date: January 27, 2013

Our cruise out of New Orleans was a nice comfortable cruise. Our experience with the onboard staff was wonderful. Collin, our stateroom steward did a fantastic job. It was unfortunate that I didn't pay enough attention to stateroom size. The stateroom we had, 8102, was very small and cramped. I had to climb over the bed to get into bed and my wife and I continuously bumped into each other when getting ready to go out. I'll pay more attention the next time. We both found the Freestyle buffet OK and the Versailles and La Cucina food very good.

One aspect of the ship was not in the best cosmetic condition I would have expected. Of the two chairs in our stateroom, one had torn upholstery. We also found a few other chairs and seating around the ship that had torn upholstery. In the La Cucina Italian Restaurant, there was dried food stuck on one of the window curtains. That should have been caught by the staff and either cleaned or replaced. In the Versailles dining room, one of the curtains was falling off its track. This also should have been noticed and corrected by the staff.

I would recommend the cruise to others but with the caution about checking stateroom size. I hope Norwegian puts more effort into maintaining the cosmetic condition of the ship.