Nice boat, but the trip can get pricey

Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska & Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 20, 2011
Ship: Norwegian Star
It's a fairly large and modern ship, with a friendly crew. I'd recommend keeping an eye on the room charges, though, since you can rack them up fairly quickly.

The food and drinks are very good, but most of it isn't free. Soda is an additional charge, and the alcoholic drinks on the boat are expensive. The steakhouse and teppanyaki grill are worth the additional cover charge.

The comedy shows, concerts, and acrobatic shows were impressive!

Everyone is friendly, but some of the staff can be pushy about selling add-on services. I don't want to play Bingo and buy pull-tab lotto tickets every day, thanks.

The layout is a bit confusing at first, but you'll get used to it quickly. Everything is clean and sanitary.

The rooms (even the upgraded ones) are small and cramped. While I didn't go on a cruise to watch TV, it would be nice if it got more than 8 channels.
I liked this place, since it wasn't swamped with tourists like the other ports. After Juneau and Skagway, I was sick of the crowds and shopping.
Don't Miss: Whale watching
This place was pretty, but a bit overdeveloped. It was filled with tourist shops, most of which are not locally owned
Don't Miss: Lumberjack show
Juneau didn't really impress me. I took a tour outside of the city instead.
Don't Miss: Mendenhall Glacier
Very quaint and scenic!
Don't Miss: Yukon Train

Pros: The food, the shows, the view out the window!

Cons: Extra charges, the constant selling of add-ons

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!