Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

cruise to mexico

Sail Date: December 16, 2006

The ship is beautiful. It has a very nice kids pool area and larger pool area. I enjoyed the areas for just sitting and viewing the ocean, etc. The ship was at full capacity and there were a lot of people, but it did not feel over crowded. The food was good, but I did miss the theme nights we have experienced on other cruises. The state rooms are a good size even with 4 of us in one. We had our 19 year old daughter with us. She does not drink or smoke. It would have been nice to have a few activities specific to the 19 to 25 year old single crowd. Maybe not attached to the lounges. Kind of like the teen programs. She did enjoy the spa experience. Overall if you enjoy cruising this would be a great cruise to take.

Pros: friendly, helpful crew

Cons: beds in lower state rooms should face forward to backward, not side to side on the ship, then your head would not be going up and down it would be more of a cradle feeling the other way.

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We found a dive shop and rented snorkeling equipment at this port. We went to a local beach withing walking distance of the port and did our snorkeling by the rocks. It was the best of all and even with the tide coming in the water was very clear. The best snorkeling ever. We went to the shop right near the port which was enjoyable. We would have liked to had time to go into town and really see the city and not just the tourist area. Again, I would have liked a little more time in this port.
Don't Miss: Snorkeling. My neighbor who lived in Mexico for 7 years says it is the best place in mexico to snorkel or dive.
Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico
We didn't get to see much of the town as we went on a hike and snorkeling tour. This was good except we didn't get to actually go to the lighthouse and didn't get much closer on the hike than we had been as the ship approached port. We did enjoy learning the history of the area and the snorkeling was great. I would have liked to spend more time here just looking around and visiting with people.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
We mainly did our shopping here. We were surprised to see a Wal-mart right by the port. We resisted the temptation to go there. We road a buss, took a taxi, and did some walking. The walk along the beach in the part of town where the brick walk way is constructed is great. We really enjoyed the sand sculptures. They are amazing. We had fun a a flea market dickering on prices. We found the locals to be very nice and some very helpful when they saw us look a little bewildered. Again I would have liked to have a little more time in this port. It was a little "scary" for my girls to see the police all over walking around with machine guns.
Don't Miss: A must see in Puerto Vallarta is the sand sculptures
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Don't Miss: A must see in Puerto Vallarta is the sand sculptures
Acapulco, Mexico
The cliff diving was a nice activity to do but I thought this was a dirty city. Our family did go parasailing off the beach and enjoyed that. After the whole cruise was over I would have rather not gone to Acapulco and spent more time in the other ports. The only thing I would have really missed was the cliff diving.
Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico