Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Not what I exspected

Sail Date: July 05, 2008

The personal were great. The ship was clean. Dining could become an advantage in itself. They need to change the ad line from "Freestyle" to Free for all style.You needed reservation to restaurants not on the "need reservation list". They only had ONE (1) buffet open. And not 24 hours as advertised. The only other "buffet" was on top of the ship and was never open "due to weather". Our last day was sunny and it still was not open. Too many marketing shows in the bars. (Selling Paintings or jewelery).To many closed off areas for "there" club members only. At one point I could not see a movie or go into half of the bars because they were fulled with appointment only shows or classes..

Pros: Excursions

Cons: Cattle Car dining

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

We learned to eat at off hours. Breakfast was room service, Lunch 2-3pm or later and call it dinner like 4-6pm. We would bring snacks from off shore to munch on. This was only when we did not have reservations to a foo foo dining area.
They had a comedian one night. I said ONE night. Only 45mins. Most of the others were not even IDOL level. But I did not go on a cruise to watch shows. Some of the others you could not get into. But I could here from my stateroom :)
Juneau, Alaska
Whale watching, Whale watching, Whale watching...........did I mention Whale watching.
Don't Miss: Whale Watching
Skagway, Alaska
The train to the summit and pan for gold.
Don't Miss: The train. The views are unbelievable
Ketchikan, Alaska
We took the Culture tour. It was OK. I would walk to town if I had to do it again. Mostly jewelry stores.
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
Stay in the touristy area near the boat. Downtown was depressing.