Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Mexico

Not our best cruise!

Sail Date: November 16, 2007

The staff was very nice and helpful. I missed having my own waiter. Freestyle dining meant more stress for us. You had to make reservations to eat anywhere without a wait. The reservations had to be made 2 days before and you had to stay in a long line between 7 am - 10 am. For Thanksgiving dinner we stood in line to sign up for 45 min and ended up with a reservation at 20.30 at night. We normally like to eat dinner at 6 pm. I feel like there was never food when I was ready to eat, it was a hassle and the lines where so long. We normally had a 45 min wait. The food wasn't that good either it was average. It felt that you were encouraged to eat in the surcharge restaurants and even there you needed reservations,the surcharge was anywhere between $ 10.00 and $ 20.00 per person. I want to relax on my vacation and not stress. This was stressful and annoying. was wonderful. We will book all our cruises from now on through . Last time we were upgraded to an Oceanview and this time we recived a complimentory bottle of wine. The travel agent was so proffessional and helpful. Thank you .

Pros: The Entertainment

Cons: the food and Freestyle dining

Recommends Norwegian Star? No.

you always have to make reservations, long waits and the food is not enough. Don't try to find anything healthy after 10 pm, there is only one small restaurant open and they only offer fried food.
small but comfortable, the bathroom is great
Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, Mexico
We did the canopying, it was fun but to short, they run out of equipment, you were rushed by the staff and sometimes had to hook up your own equipment. We still had a good time but wouldn't do it again.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We booked a dive with the cruiseship and it turned out to be a nightmare, the equipment was old and faulty. My 2 daughters were left alone for half the dive at 70 feet. The company was called tropical something, I believe TSA, there were 12 divers with two instructors, there were more divers in the same spot they dropped us off and boots all above us. My daughters had to come up without a flag alone inbetween all these boots. It was very unsafe. Wouldn't recommend to anyone. We eat lunch at the pier and that was very expensive and not that great.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
We did the horseback riding , it was faboulos. The guide put you in a group with your ability and we got to trot, gallop and swim with the horse in the river. It was so much fun. We thought this was the highlight of our trip. The ride was to short but soooooooooooooo much fun.
Don't Miss: Horseback riding
Acapulco, Mexico
We scheduled a dive with Swiss Divers and they were faboulos, the equipment was new and there were two. instructors for 6 divers. We felt so comfortable. We booked this on our own through the internet and they were excellent, they picked us up and returned us at the port. The price was increadible and they even served us homemade sandwiches and fruit on the boot between dives. At night we took a taxi to the paradise bar and danced till 23.30. It was so much fun.
Don't Miss: if you are a diver, book your dive with Swiss divers!!