Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Norwegian Rocks!

Sail Date: July 07, 2007

We just returned from a 7 day cruise to Alaska on the Norwegian Star. The ship was absolutely beautiful. Our cabin steward was incredible. (I would assume most were.) At one point he was cleaning a room down the hall and saw me coming with an arm load of "stuff". He stopped cleaning, walked with me to my stateroom and used his pass key to open my door so I would not have to fumble for a key. He was just one outstanding example of the service on that ship. Our stateroom and bathroom were immaculate every day. Even though it rained most of our trip, and we weren't able to use it, our balcony was also kept up. Freestyle dining was a welcome addition. Entertainment could have been a little better. There were a couple of excellent groups, but on the whole, entertainment was lacking. Would I cruise on Norwegian again - absolutely!

Pros: Freestyle

Cons: some entertainment

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

Freestyle dining was a delight. There are a couple of restaurants were you have to pay an extra few dollars, but for the most part the selection of restaurants was great and being able to eat when and what you want was a definite plus.
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
Was very disappointed in Prince Rupert. Feel they should have spent longer in Skagway and eliminated Prince Rupert altogether.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Explored the town - pleanty to keep you occupied. Part of our group went on the zip line tour - raved about it.
Juneau, Alaska
Whale watching is a must. We saw at least a dozen, some so close they sprayed on us and even a mom and calf. Again, rainy and cold.
Skagway, Alaska
Wish we had more time in Skagway. We did an 8 hour tour and by the time we returned we did not have much time to explore this unique quaint little town.
Don't Miss: The "Ultimate" train and bus tour through the mountains.