Norwegian Star Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

A Great Cruise

Sail Date: July 07, 2007

Great ship! It was well maintained, clean, the food was good every where we ate and the service was excellent. The staff was very friendly. The entertainment was also very good.

Pros: We really enjoyed freestyle when and where you want in casual need to pack all those dressy outfits unless you really want to !!!

Cons: If I really had to be picky and think hard to pick something to say I didn't like about the NCL cruise, I guess it would be that the staff in the casino rarely came around with drinks. But, this cuise line had a wonderful staff everywhere else and were always asking what you needed or wanted

Recommends Norwegian Star? Yes!

Wonderful ship...not too big to find your way around!
I was surprised that after paying for a cruise you would have to pay extra to eat in some of the restaurants on the ship. I don't think that is fair.
We had an inside cabin. It was small as all inside cabins are but plenty big for two people and the bathroom was a decent size which was a plus!
Wonderfull staff....always there to assist you with any questions or needs. Our house keeper, Pamela, was always using our names when addressing us which was a nice personal touch....
We stayed busy with the schedule...there was always something going on and we really enjoyed that part of our NCL cruise!
Prince Rupert, British Columbia
We took an amazing sea plane trip and landed right in front of a huge, beautiful waterfall. We flew over awesome mountains, a few glaciers and saw unbelievable scenery. This was my favorite excursion of all. My husband saw a bear...I didn't though. The view from the air was postcard perfect...a must take trip!!! The town itself is NOT much to see. There is very little shopping...only a few stores. I think another port with more shopping would be more fun for shoppers but the sea plane made our day there wonderful!
Juneau, Alaska
We did the zip line through the rain forest in Juneau. It was fun and not scary at all as it sounds when advertised. It rained again but it didn't spoil the fun...we had rain gear! We didn't do the glacier trip and I wished we'd gone to see it because it was too foggy to see it from the ship. Good shopping in this port too!
Ketchikan, Alaska
We took a sea plane tour and loved it in Ketchikan! We saw bears from the air and our pilot circled back so we could get a better look. It was rainy and foggy but it didn't stop us from loving the quaint town in Alaska! Take a rain rains almost every day in Alaska. Great shopping here!
Skagway, Alaska
The train is a must...beautiful scenery and interesting history lesson on the 3 hour train trip! Last chance for good in port shopping on this NCL cruise.