Fabulous cruise!!! A must-go.

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 09, 2011
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
The ship was very nice and fresh out of dry dock. Everything was ready for the guests when we arrived.

I did not try the speciality restaurants because the Windows dining room provided enough choices with no extra cost. The dining crew was fabulous. I can't say enough about the service.

Bernie Martini was so wonderful, charming, and talented. He simply must be seen over and over again. All talent on this cruise was top notch.

The staff made me feel like the queen that I am.

Some of the public toilets especially near the pool area would get stopped up. People apparently didn't notice the brushes readily available in each stall if "something" got stuck.

Perfection. The staff came by probably 3 timees a day to check on towels, straightening the room, etc. My belongings were always safe and secure.
Beautiful country. A must do is the Cave Tubing. Carrying our tubes up the slight inclines and through the streams was all worth the trip when we got to the caves. They were not clostrophobic at all. I suggest opting to float on your own rather than with a chain of tubes because you can get more comfortable that way,
Don't Miss: Cave tubing!
I went snorkeling again, but again, the actual snorkeling time was limited to about 45 minutes. But the trip to Gambolino Park (and I know I spelled that wrong) was really fun. Having our pictures taken with Monkeys climbing on us was so much fun.
Shopping prices were reasonable. And for the jewelry stores you can dicker prices way way down from the originally quoted prices. I mean way, way, way down. Just be bold and offer very low prices. Then try to leave and they will meet your price.
Don't Miss: Shopping.
Snorkling was fantastic, but we didn't stay in the water more than about 45 minutes. The prices in the gift shops were better in Cozumel. Next time I will wait to buy anything Mexican until Cozumel.

Pros: Great staff; fantastic entertainment; perfect food choices

Cons: Small chairs made for skinny folks

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!