Great Vacation

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 07, 2011
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
Crew was very fun and helpful. They made an effort to really know you and your family. Cabin was always clean---along w/all other areas on the ship. I wish there had been a better place for my kids and I to swim on the 'at sea' days. Food was excellent. All in all, a great vacation!

We did the Mayan ruins, went to a Mayan village, and had a Mayan meal cooked for us. It was very hot, but informative and interesting. The mean was GREAT and we also learned how to make tortillas.....
Our excursion was "A Walk on the Wild Side" where we got to see much of the wildlife from the area. We went to an iguana farm which was TONS of fun---- Next, we got to hold and play w/monkeys. My kids and I had a GREAT, GREAT time at this port!
Zip lining was fun---we chose to not do cave tubing which I was regretting, but while the cave tubers where gone, we got to swim in the river and jump off of cliffs. So, all in all, I would keep things just how it was. Our tour guides where very informative and friendly (but I booked through shore excursions group and not through the cruise line). I, however, think all the shore excursion people were pretty good---didn't hear anyone complain about anything all week.
Sea lion encounter was a really good time. We got a lot more time in the water than I thought we would!!

Pros: Shore excursions

Cons: Pools for adults only and a very shallow one for kids 12 and under, but not a good place for my 15 year old and 10 year old to really swim.

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!