Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First Time Cruise Experience

Sail Date: June 12, 2011

The overall cruise was good. I was disappointed with Belize and Cozumel; but Roatan and Costa Maya were great! I enjoyed the interaction with the staff and found them very friendly. I felt a little nickeled and dimed at the end of the cruise as they are trying to get money out of you at every turn (at least it seems).

Pros: Friendliness of staff; stateroom accomodations

Cons: Food was average; felt nickeled and dimed.

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!

My wife enjoyed the shows--I just couldn't seem to stay awake!
Food taste was typically average with a few bright spots. Food service was exceptional! I liked the freestyle cruising with Norwegian as it gave us a lot of flexibility.
They really just want your money. We hung out at Paradise Beach was nice, but it got boring near the end.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
The zip line is the best! The beach and area around it were breathtaking.
Don't Miss: Beach and Zip line
Belize City, Belize
Cave Tubing was fun; other than that, Belize did not have much to offer. If we do not go back, that will be fine.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Rent the golf cart and go exploring. The beach is great, rent a jet ski here as it is 50% of the price of the jet ski in Cozumel.
Don't Miss: Explore! Get out of the town away from the tourists and enjoy!