a GREAT cruise......

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 13, 2011
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
Not too largeand not too small. 2000 passengers and a crew and staff of 950. I was able to find everything on the ship without any problem. It was not a gigantic ship, just about the right size.

The main 2 dining rooms served for 4 hours each evening.....plenty of time to work our agenda into eating. I wasn't too crazy to spend an additional $25.00 per person to get a good steak at a speciality restaurant..........

The evening shows were great.....even though I didn't think I would like a couple of them. I'm glad I went to all of them! They are there to entertain you and they did a great job.

Everyone was helpful and friendly.

The steward cleaned each day and filled ice container twice a day.
The tickets for things to do in port could be purchased on-land for about one-third of what the cruise line charges. These are bought from locals who give you much more value for your money. No one seems to bring this up to passengers.........
We did a snorkle and a kayak. It was great as we took a 30 minute bus ride.....got to see lots of the island. Ended with a light lunch. All guided by a local named "Q". Very interesting person and island.
7 ships in port...but all was handled well. The cruise lines have recently built a wonderful area of shops and a few bars.....It's all NEW.....very nicely done!

Pros: Size of ship and ports we stopped at

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!