Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

an okay cruise

Sail Date: February 01, 2009

This was my first cruise so I don't have a lot to compare it to, but was more disappointed in all of the work you had to do just to get on the boat. Once on there, it was a decent experience. I generally could find something to do and had a good time relaxing. I however, did not like the reception desk and the unprofessionalism that they displayed. At one point, I went to ask a general question about disembarkation when 2 lady's standing not even 4 feet away from each other looking at each other, would not even listen to the easy question and kept telling me to go ask the other. We also were not given the appropriate credit we were promised as everyone else in our group got a room upgrade and we didn't.

Pros: being on vacation

Cons: the reception desk

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.

Belize City, Belize
Raining again. We took a taxi ride around town for a quick tour. It was ok. He said he'd spend an hour and half showing us around. He only spend 45 minutes.
Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala
It rained buckets. We only went to the shopping area off the boat. Wish I would have bought more coffee and chocolate. Enjoyed the local entertainment
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
It was a sunny day, we took a taxi into town to the beach. Lots of local exotic animals to see, but be prepared to pay for pictures.
This was the best day of our cruise. We booked an excursion snorkeling in the morning and went to the beach in the afternoon. There was so much to do there that we spent the rest of the day there and didn't save any time for the shops.
Don't Miss: Paradise Beach