Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Fall Canada/New England Cruise

Sail Date: September 16, 2007

I had read that the ship was old and dirty. It had a beautiful decor and I did not see where it was dirty. It was smaller that the last ones I had been on but I knew that from the start and it was no problem. Actually it was plenty big. Our room steward, Manny, & his helper always kept our cabin clean.
My main complaint was the food. The food in the Raffles buffet was not good I did not think. Windows dining room was beautiful and the food was okay. (I had been on the NCL Pearl in the spring and the food was much better).
They were not as strict on sanitation as they were on the Pearl. Yes, your hands got sprayed when you got back on the ship in the ports but they were not as strict in the dining room. There was always someone standing at the entrances to the dining room on the Pearl to remind you to sanitize. I appreciated this.
When we left the ship for our shore escursion at Martha's Vineyard, they used Captain John's Boat. They crammed as many people as the could on it. It was almost like herding cattle. I did not think this was safe because there were so many senior citizens on this cruise. They had to go up and down these narrow steps to be seated (if you were lucky) and to get off. So many people (seniors included) had to stand up on the boat. My mother can not do narrow steps well and this was very hard for her. I saw lots of others that this was hard for too. I heard other folks complaining about this. The Spirit's tender boats would have been much better---we did do them in Bar Harbor and I have no complains about them.
Julie, the Cruise Director, was really good and very friendly. The cruise director that we had on the Pearl came across as arragant.
LOVE FREE STYLIN'!!!

Pros: Ship was beautiful. Sevice was good.

Cons: Food was not good. Captain John's Boat on Martha's Vineyard shore excursion was bad.

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Only took the tour that goes to Acadia park and Cadillac Mtn. It was fair. Got tired of rocks and water. The town part of the tour was pretty good.
Boston, Massachusetts
Only went to the Quincy Market area. Always like it. Our bus driver from the ship to downtown was very informative about Boston. The one going back was not too good.
Don't Miss: Quincy Market area
Bar Harbor, Maine
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Take the coastal drive to Peggy's Cove---it is beautiful. Halifax is a beautiful city---take a city tour.
Don't Miss: Peggy's Cove lighthouse
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Don't Miss: Peggy's Cove lighthouse
Boston, Massachusetts
Don't Miss: Quincy Market area
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
Was really surprised at Martha's Vineyard---did not realize that they had farms and etc. on Martha's Vineyard just thought that the rich celebrities lived there. I don't think they were even mentioned on our tour. We had a good bus driver and the weather was perfect. The boat ride over was not good but Martha's Vineyard was GREAT!! The fog rolled in real quick and it was neat.
Don't Miss: Take a Martha's Vineyard tour on one of the painted school buses and see it all. It's great and very interesting.
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts