Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Freestyle Cruising on Norwegian Spirit

Sail Date: September 16, 2007

This was my first cruise. I was amazed not to feel much in the way of rocking while traversing the passageways of the ship. It didn't take too long to figure out where things were located on board, (meaning forward, aft, or mid ) but often we questioned which deck we wanted. I know it's not the biggest ship on the ocean, but it seemed very large to me. The theatre itself was two stories high and as wide as the ship itself. The abundance of restaurants was staggering, and everyone on staff was very friendly and helpful. Public bathrooms were kept immaculate and the sheer numbers were comforting.

Pros: Main dining room food was spectacular, as was the service.

Cons: Size of the cots : very narrow; charging for internet access.

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!

Cots in the balcony stateroom could have been a bit wider. We thought it was great to have a balcony. Doorways to the toilet area were a bit too small for easy passage inside.
We decided to use the restaurants on the standard plan and found the main dining rooms to have excellent food and service.
Staff always ready to help anyone cheerfully. However, there were a greater number of non-English speaking staff than numbers of staff that understood the question being asked of them. We often had to go to another for help.
I can't believe the number and variety of entertainment offered in the theater and in the nghtclub areas. Lots of fun.
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
Loved the bus tour; I would rather have had more bus and less walk around time, but that's just me. I'm rather lazy.