Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean

Cruise better than hoped for!

Sail Date: August 19, 2006

My husband and I have just returned from our Aug. 19th cruise to the Eastern Caribbean and Bermuda. We took our 15 year old daughter, her 15 year old friend and our 13 year old son. We all had an incredible time! Every inch of the ship is spotless and beautiful. We enjoyed all of the food and the entertainment was pretty good. Hypnotist was the best show. We did not do any excursions as I thought they were to highly priced. We also spoke to many people who were very dissapointed with the excursions so please choose them carefully. Also, NCL really does take every penny they can from you. I know most cruises do this, but I really felt like NCL over did the amounts! Even their photos that are taken on the Ship are around $30 for an 8x10!! Keep your money for the islands and bring lots of cameras!

Advice for anyone taking a NCL cruise is this:
RESERVE dinner times in ANY restaurant you want to eat in regardless if they are specialty or not. We read previous reviews and on the first day we reserved tables in the Garden room and Windows (neither specialty restaruants) for the entire week. We were so glad that we did as many people waited for one hour or more for a table! I don't think NCL should allow reservations in their main dining rooms, but until they stop, it is best to RESERVE! I promise you will have a much better experience if you do this simple thing. Also, don't expect much from Raffles Buffet...the food is bland and the service is only mediocre. Enjoy most of your meals in the other wonderful food areas of the ship!

Overall we loved this cruise and will definately be taking another NCL in the future! Their staff was phenominal and the embarktation and debarktation process' were a breeze.

Pros: Staff, Food, Ship, BALCONY!

Cons: NCL nickle and diming everything

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Not my favorite place. I don't shop for jewelry and the beaches just were not as beautiful as other islands. Go to St. John's by ferry for better beaches!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
Went to Cane Garden Bay for the day. BEAUTIFUL beach. Expensive taxis, but that is just the way it is there.
Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Bermuda was the reason we took this cruise and once again, it didn't disappoint! Go to Coral Park right around the corner from the ship to do some magnificant snorkleing!
King's Wharf, Bermuda