Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Boring cruise

Sail Date: August 13, 2006

My Sister bought us tickets for me and my wife and that was wounderful of her and my brother. We had traveled toguether on other cruise lines and the Dawn on NCL before and found our stay at those ships great and most of all the staff was very helpful toward our needs. However it all changed when we got to the pier and found that the Spirit did not have one nevermind 4 wheelchairs available for us we all waited for hours and finally someone directed us to start walking .. it was very far for us to walk we had to climb a steep ramp with no one to help us . We got in the ship exausted and wiped out. That was the start of more to come .. I spent all my time on the pool deck sitting down cause I knew that there would not be any help available for me. Bad enough the staff at the buffet they look at you while you are stuglin to walk with a dish full of food and not once did they offered to take that plate of my hands and take it to my table..opon arrival to the islands in order to get a beach towel you had to go to the 7th floor then go back down to the 4th floor to disembark. Does anyone know what all that walking mean to a person in pain. I requested to have someone pic a towel up for me and they said sorry sir you must pic it up yourself cause you have to sign for it ... well why don't they place their towels at the exit like all other ships.... anyways the stay at Bahamas was too short not long enough to see anything .. and the private island although nice was too long of a stay one day would have been enough. My sister formed a formal complaint with the front desk and 3or 4 days lateer they sent a plate of minnie sandwitches to our cabins. Did they really think that thats all it will take to make up for what happened during the cruise..Our vacation was ruined and we want compensation for another cruise but not with the same ship...

Pros: Nothing

Cons: No help for the dissable