Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Relaxing but missing something

Sail Date: July 16, 2006

The ship was beautiful! Very big; rooms were spacious & clean. Our stop in Port Canaveral was ok, but not much to do there, and if you decided on any of the Disney Parks, you certainly didn't have much time there. The Bahamas was nice, but not enough time at that port. Great Stirrup Cay was beautiful, but there wasn't much to do other than the water sports. Would have preferred having more time in the Bahamas.
Overall, iIt was a very relaxing trip, but there was something missing; there wasn't anything truly spectacular about this trip to talk about once we got home.

Pros: Bahamas

Cons: Port Canaveral & food

I was not impressed with the food, and neither were the other 10 passengers I traveled with. The food was not tastey, choices were average, and food was luke warm most of the time. Service in the dining rooms (at dinner) seemed rather slow most of the times. Since we were a large group, we tried to make reservations at the beginning of the cruise for the entire week, which seemed almost impossible (not to mention the long line to wait on).
Entertainment was good, but we have cruised before on other cruise lines, and the entertainment was far better.
Although the cabins were cleaned, and the ship itself was clean, it was rare that we even saw our cabin steward.
Rooms were spacious & clean.
Again, not enough time at this port. Skip the big shopping specials that are provided by the cruise line; they aren't that great. The so-called "raffles" for free merchandise at the "approved" stores provided by the ship...I wonder when they are going to raffle them off...I never saw anything in the daily news letter about it! I wish I would have done the city tour; my sons and their friend (all 20 yrs old) did this, and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Don't Miss: Senior Frogs...lots of fun, even if you're not drinking (which we weren't)!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Several people in our party did the Parasailing, and truly enjoyed it, although it was pricy at $79. per person (for a 4 to 6 minute ride in the air)!
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas