Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Secret Fees

Sail Date: July 17, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

It is a very nice ship and excellent staff but I was greatly disappointed that they tried to charge me an extra $60 a day in service fees which I was never told about and would not have known about if I hadn't done a billing check mid cruise. They make a point of not informing their guests about this until it is time to leave the ship. They can't enforce these fees but is was a big hassle getting them removed from my bill.

Because of this sneaky, underhanded business practice I would NEVER recommend Norwegian Cruise Line to a friend.

Before going I was informed by the booking agent that all fees etc... other than alcohol drinks were included in the price. I had budgeted $500 for personal spending and was shocked and very irate when I discovered that they wanted to hit me up for an additional $420. aafter I has already paid for the cruise. For this reason I can never recommend this ship or this cruise line.

Pros: The shows and restaurants

Cons: When they tried to charge me $420 in 'service fees" even though I was told that everything except alcohol drinks were included in the price and they don't tell you about these extra fees until you check out. It was a major disappointment to have to go through the hassle of removing these fees.

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.