Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Bermuda

An adequate cruise on NCL "SPIRIT"

Sail Date: April 21, 2007

Our major dissatisfaction is not with the ship but with your travel agency.
The cost we paid was supposed to be a garunteed lowest fair. We subsequiently found (the very night we had booked with you) a fare that was not only lower ($669 vs $999 plus taxes and port charges on both) but an ouside stateroom on a higher deck (deck 7 vs deck 4). We did not know of your supposed garuntee until after the cruise when you sent me an e-mail upon our return thanking us for using your agency. I had e-mailed you as soon as I had seen the $669 price and basically your reply was "Oh Well". Yoy have now said you will investigate but I am not holding my breath or expecting any satisfaction because of the way your qaruntee is written (legalese). This is a cruise issue as we had $660.00 less to spend on the cruise.
We do know that we shall l never use your agency again and if ever asked we would not recommend it to anyone. A better fare is available also directly from NCL.

Pros: Cabin attendent for our cabin 4567 was excellent and went far beyond the call of duty,. For the most part the wait staff in the main dining room were above average. The only time I used the bar staff was in the theater and was excellent/

Cons: The food for the most part was very good, however the food in the buffet wsas routine and frequently undercooked. The fact that neither tomato juice nor V-8 vegetable juice was unexpected and disappointing

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? Yes!

Very limited selection in the shops (non duty free).
Very much overpriced in the Jewelry Shop (Emerald International).with bland non exciting selection of merchandise. Otherwise the ship was adequate to more then adequate.
Our stateroom was small (149 sq ft) compared to others we have had. This was our 4th NCL cruise and between my wife and I we have individually and collectively made over a dozen seperate cruises on 6 different cruise lines besides NCL..I had asked the travel agent for a double bed arrangement and a refridgerator in the stateroom as I am a diabeteic and must keep my medication refridgerated at all times. This was not done before hand and it took them a few hours (understandably) to make those changes.
Almost all the staff were smiling, friendly and most helpful.
Specialty resteraunts were A+ but getting reservation towards the end of the cruise was difficult and limited. The first night in the main dining room the service was extremely slow, Dinner for two took almost 2 hours. At times we felt as if there wasn't enough staff that night and that we were ignored for long periods of time that night. After the first night the service was better, faster and friendlier. The food was excellent for the type (fancy) served. My spouse really enjoyed it but my tastes run to more basic type food however there was always something on the menu or even not on the menu that they prepared for me.
Entertainment was excellent as is usuall with NCL
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
For my wife Jewelery shopping
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Make sure your tour guide can speak so you can understand what he is saying. The tour we were on no og the 16-20 people could understand anything he said.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Horseshoe Bay for swimming and snorling, Pink Sand Beaches, Crystal Caves, Perfume Factory. Recommend hiring a private car/van and tour independently. Sunset Catamaran sail. Snuba diving.
King's Wharf, Bermuda