My NCL cruise

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 10, 2007
Ship: Norwegian Spirit
I have been on Carnival cruises before and feel that they are better than NCL cruises. I did enjoy the home port NCL offers since New York city is my hometown. I loved the planned excursions in each island we visited, they made the trip memorable.

I thought Carnival offered better quality and better tasting food. At NCL, I did like the convenience of freestyle dining times, however they could have had more late night options.

The music and entertainment was good. I really like the live bands and the second city comedians.

The staff was very friendly at NCL. Which surprised me since they're not getting an additional gratuity. 15% is automatically figured into every bill.

The ship was older, there was no doubt about it, but the staff and crew did a good job maintaining it in a clean and neat manner.

It was an average stateroom without a window.
This island was new to cruise costomers (only since Dec 2006). There were lots of people begging in the streets. Everything was extremely overpriced. However, the island was beautiful with its lush rainforest and beautiful beaches.
Don't Miss: Safari in the jungle followed by fun at the beach
I thought this port was not as clean as St. Thomas. Again the island was not that beautiful. However, we enjoyed our morning with two scuba dives followed by a lunch of fish and chips!
Don't Miss: Scuba diving the shipwrecks
This was not the most beautiful island. The shopping is good if that's your thing. I really enjoyed the excursion we did at Water Island (Mountain Biking).
Don't Miss: Water Island Mountain Biking and beach excursion

Pros: Excursions (Mt. biking and scuba diving)

Cons: food on ship

Recommends Norwegian Spirit? No.