Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

NCL is no Royal Caribbean or Princess: The Pros and Cons

Sail Date: May 09, 2016

This cruise was a great value for drinkers.

Maybe I shouldn't have been ordering fish, but all of my dinners were sub-par. The desserts were better. Dinner staff was nice, we loved our waiter Oliver. He was attentive, funny, and genuinely cared we were enjoying our meal. The buffets seemed like a potluck dinner without a unifying theme. But I guess there is bound to be at least one thing on the buffet you would like. The omelet station almost always had a long line (we aren't early risers on cruise time), but looked delicious! We never tried the sit down breakfast, but heard good things.

The beds were terribly uncomfortable and would un-make every time that I rolled over (multiple times a night, leaving the knotted corners in the middle of my shoulders). Although they do service the rooms twice a day, maintaining a fresh and full ice bucket.

The staff around the ship were very nice. We had a great time at karaoke and the diverse crowd made it a great time. The bar staff at The Plantation Room (where karaoke is held) was also very kind. I didn't read until the end of the cruise that the bar staff aren't given a portion of the tip/fees we paid. I would have had some dollars with me to tip appropriately, had I known. Not many other people seemed to be tipping either.

Can't comment on off-boat excursions, we stayed on ship because island time meant no lines for drinks and empty hot tubs! Our cruise was in early May, so we had a lot of college kids on our boat. Not sure if this is typical, but it did seem to draw a larger younger crowd on the ship than other cruises I've been on in the past.

The beds were so uncomfortable and the flat sheet would come off in the night. The knot at the end of the flat sheet would always end up underneath my shoulders and wake me up in discomfort. There was also a panty liner sticker that was stuck to my bed lamp. I didn't touch it and I am sure it is still there.
Could do with a little less horns played during events. Bow-bow-bow-booowwwww.
Love the staff! Great time at karaoke.
One night our waiter was great (Oliver in the Crossings) and the next night our waiter practically ignored us (9pm dining at the Crossings). Buffet was hit-or-miss. Buns could be upgraded!