Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: July 13, 2015

This is the first time that I have done the 4 day cruise to the Bahamas. I have taken the 3 day cruise several times in the past. I have taken the 7 day cruise out of NYC to Bermuda as well. NCL is always very accommodating. The staff is always extremely pleasant. The food is delicious, though there were some htis and misses on new cuisine that I tried. Some days I just relaxed and some days I actually left the ship. Some points that might help:

One: Freeport has very little at the "Straw market port". There are cabs which are really just old un air-conditioned vans that locals contractor with a company to use. They wait until the van is full to leave the pier and the ride from the pier to the "straw market" is approximately 30 minutes. There is not much else there although you can walk to where the boats are or down to a very pretty beach approximately 1/2 mile from the market. The beach was the best part and has a bar right on the sand. However it is important to note that when I went there was only one way to get back and forth from the pier and the rides were backed up. So, don't wait until the last minute to head back or you will miss your boat. For $5 each way it's not bad because a regular cab was $20 one way.

2: Stayed up for the white hot party. The DJ was hit and miss. Sometimes he had a great song going but he would interrupt them constantly. The teenagers loved the constant switching but not too many adults were on the floor. It wasn't bad but a better mix would have been nice.

3. The best part is day 3, the private island.  They have really built it up and continue to do so.  Unfortunately the Hippo slide was down but that was okay.  They built a private lagoon which is AWESOME, especially if you want to be away from the noise.  Food is awesome too.  Trams run pretty consistently and the lifeguards let you know when it's time to leave.

I will definitely do this trip again. Arranging it through BJ's was seamless and easy. My room was super tiny and I will be more careful next time to make sure that I don't get one as small.

They clean constantly!
Long lines, get on early and off late.
TINY!!! Clean and our steward was great. Didn't spend much time in the room but bumped my knees constantly.