Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great first time cruise

Sail Date: September 29, 2014

My husband has always wanted to go on a cruise, but I'd been hesitant because of all the horror stories in the recent years. I looked online and really wanted to get away for vacation and I found a fantastic deal for the Norwegian Sky. My expectations were extremely low, but what I received was a top notch experience and for the price it was well worth it. I have traveled to other islands and stayed very expensive places. The cruise offered an experience for everyone, from those traveling on a budget (which I was this time around) to those who wanted to experience a luxurious get away. One recommendation is to book some the excursions in advance and if you take the ferry in Freeport be prepared to wait. Other than that, plan to have a great trip, full of people watching, and take advantage of the dancing.

I've never been on a cruise before the Nor. Sky, and I've heard this ship is "older" .. but it looked good to me.
The buffet is surprisingly fresh and delicious and although some people complain I found that there were options for everyone. For dinner I'd recommend spending the extra $20 at Le Bistro. I've paid easily over $100 for lesser meals on land. The escargots were AMAZING.. better than the ones I had in Paris!
They could work on this.
Miami, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Had not planned excursions ahead of time but walked out onto the port and there were a number of taxi drivers. My husband and I paid a total of 34.00 to get onto Taino beach which was BEAUTIFUL.. The $34 included two $16 tickets good for a taxi ride to and from the beach and a $2 beach entrance. Taino beach had kayaks for free use.
We took the ferry from the port to the area where Atlantis was... the catch about the ferry is that it's cheap...BUT they drop you off far from atlantis so be prepared to ask for directions and the ferry took forever to take off.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
This was fantastic, I would've stayed here 2-3 days if I could. The island is much more beautiful in person and there are quiet areas.