Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Service? What Service??

Sail Date: September 29, 2014

I have cruised twice on Norwegian Sky with positive feedback. I was always referring friends. This past cruise was very poor. Service was terrible. My mother has walking problems and has it not been for me waiting on her hand and foot, she would have had a terrible time. I should have been the one that received gratuity. Only twice throughout the entire cruise did anyone come around the pool area and ask if we needed a drink. I had to get them every time. Most people were never friendly. The dining staff was the exception. everyone was very pleasant. I would rate the food about a C-. Not impressive, except the prime rib. Delicious. Norwegian was always my favorite and this was my mother's 1st real vacation in 17 years. Thanks to MY service she still had a great time. I think next time I will give Carnival another try, I would not say their food is top of the line but I always had great service and they always called me by name. I almost forgot, the staff helping my mother with a wheelchair to get on and off the cruise were wonderful. That was the best service of the entire cruise!

first 2 days- not good. Last 2 days food was fair to good. Prime rib was excellent
very poor service except staff helping my mom on and off the ship and the dining staff
Children's Programs n/a
needed more pool side activities. slim to none.
enjoyed the bahamas
location excellent- service again, not impressive. We did not even see our room attendant at all the first day
Miami, Florida
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
I normally love Nassau, but there was alot of construction going on. No big deal. Still loved it.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas

We did have a good room location by the elevator. Easy to get to pool and dining areas.