Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Don't Sail Norwegian

Sail Date: December 06, 2010

The ship was large enough and had a lot of options for entertainment. The service however was terrible on all respects. I had to wait for too long at dinner for food, I go no satisfaction for the one main issue that I had. Parts of the ship were not functioning properly. I will not sail Norwegian ever again.

Pros: Price

Cons: Service from staff

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.

Stateroom still had trash from previous cruise when I first entered it. The bathroom door made noise when opened and had loose hinges. Bathrooms were so small that it was difficult to take a shower. I went to another stateroom that was larger and the bathroom was still the same size.
Did enjoy the comedians and the piano bar.
The food was good when if finally got to you. I came with a group of 10 and we were told that we couldn't make a reservation to the main dining rooms. When we said that we had a large group we were told that we had to eat before 6pm or after 8pm if we wanted to make the reservation as they didn't serve large groups between then. I thought this was freestyle dining where you got eat when you wanted. I found on a couple of occasions that napkins were still dirty from previous use when I went to use them. Service was very slow and it took our group over 2 hours to finish eating from the time we sat down. We missed entertainment because of the slow service.
A sterling silver piece of jewelry was tarnished after only 30 min in the hot tub. I was told to get it cleaned in the jewelry shop, which does not clean jewelry. In the end I was given a report about the incident so that I could make a claim to the insurance company. This is a terrible resolution to something that was the fault of the ship and the obscene amount of chlorine in their hot tubs.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
They did a good job during the buffet that was provided on the island. However they need more sand on the beach so that you don't get injured on the limestone below. Though I play hard and do occasionally get hurt from time to time because of this I was injured more than expected. I played beach volleyball for about an hour and got numerous scrapes on the front of my legs from this.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island