Don't Sail Norwegian

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: December 06, 2010
Ship: Norwegian Sky
The ship was large enough and had a lot of options for entertainment. The service however was terrible on all respects. I had to wait for too long at dinner for food, I go no satisfaction for the one main issue that I had. Parts of the ship were not functioning properly. I will not sail Norwegian ever again.

The food was good when if finally got to you. I came with a group of 10 and we were told that we couldn't make a reservation to the main dining rooms. When we said that we had a large group we were told that we had to eat before 6pm or after 8pm if we wanted to make the reservation as they didn't serve large groups between then. I thought this was freestyle dining where you got eat when you wanted. I found on a couple of occasions that napkins were still dirty from previous use when I went to use them. Service was very slow and it took our group over 2 hours to finish eating from the time we sat down. We missed entertainment because of the slow service.

Did enjoy the comedians and the piano bar.

A sterling silver piece of jewelry was tarnished after only 30 min in the hot tub. I was told to get it cleaned in the jewelry shop, which does not clean jewelry. In the end I was given a report about the incident so that I could make a claim to the insurance company. This is a terrible resolution to something that was the fault of the ship and the obscene amount of chlorine in their hot tubs.

Stateroom still had trash from previous cruise when I first entered it. The bathroom door made noise when opened and had loose hinges. Bathrooms were so small that it was difficult to take a shower. I went to another stateroom that was larger and the bathroom was still the same size.
They did a good job during the buffet that was provided on the island. However they need more sand on the beach so that you don't get injured on the limestone below. Though I play hard and do occasionally get hurt from time to time because of this I was injured more than expected. I played beach volleyball for about an hour and got numerous scrapes on the front of my legs from this.

Pros: Price

Cons: Service from staff

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.