Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Fabulous first-time cruise

Sail Date: November 03, 2008

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The cabin was small but not as small as I was imagining. I wish they had a hairdryer in the bathroom, as I did not pack mine. Lots, and lots of things to do if you wanted to, something for every age.

Pros: the size of the ship, not monstrously large

Cons: some of the excursions were more costly than they were worth

Recommends Norwegian Sky? Yes!

There is more to do that hours in a day. Something for everyone.
The ship was very clean, they also have hand sanitizers everywhere with a crew member posted at them making sure people sanitized their hands b/4 touching food.
The food was plentiful, different daily. This is freestyle cruising which is great, you can eat all day if you want, in so many different places.
Beds were very comfortable. Not much tv viewing if your a tv junkie.
Overall staff was extrememly helpful and friendly.
My 7 year old loved the kids club activities. She did say their arcade was lame, though.
But there was wii everywhere for adults as well as kids, tournaments and the like.
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Very nice and tranquil. 20 minute cab ride we did not expect though. shopping was good.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
I wish we could have spent more than a day here. very small but the water was calm, and clear. they brought over a huge bbq, live entertainment, kids club activities, the best excursion of the trip!!!small shopping area, but enough.
Don't Miss: snorkling, food,
We did not like the Atlantis excursion. the beach was small, rocky and the water was very rough. Seagulls and pigions everywhere dive-bombing you, my daughter was screaming, and my skin was crawling. Beside VERY expensive.