Norwegian Sky Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Don't recommend Sky

Sail Date: October 27, 2008

For Norweigan promoting themselves as the "newest fleet in the industry" I feel they really need to take a look at how some of the "older" fleets are operating. The total esthetics of the entire ship was poor. I read all of the previous reviews after booking the trip, and was ready to make my own unbiased opinion once boarding. Come to find out all most every negative review was correct. Our cabin was on the 9th deck and everyday there was a smell of sewage both in the hallway and coming through the air in the cabin. The food was substandard. Cruises are known for the culinary masterpieces, but with this boat they seem to not know how to prevent lobster from being overcooked. The only superb meal we had was at Cagney's Steakhouse which was $20/person extra. Finally, we were uninformed of the $10/person per day service charge for dining and housekeeping staff AUTOMATICALLY included to our bill.

Pros: Being on Vacation

Cons: Boat esthetics

Recommends Norwegian Sky? No.

There was nothing spectacular about this ship. Everything was pretty average compaired to other ships I have been on.
Not impressed at all. Especially with the "freestyle dining", one night we had to wait 20 min to sit down. Guess I prefer the organized timing of dinner since there are 1500 people wanting to eat at the same time and can't fit into the two small main dining rooms. If you don't want to wait, there was the buffett, but we opted to not to.
The bathroom look old and worn including the toilet. Towels never looked clean, almost always had stains, and that was when they came to replace the "dirty" ones. As soon as we were allowed to enter our cabin, we noticed the sheets had stains, as if they weren't even replaced from the previous trip.
Because the dining staff isn't forced to work for tips it really showed. The bar staff however, because they do work for tips were constantly in your face asking if you wanted bar service.
My Husband and I went to the "Broadway" show and was ok
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
My suggestion to NCL is to invest in more beach lounge chairs, not enough on the island
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island