No More Norwegian for Me

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Mexico

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 29, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

I thought Norwegian might be a step up from Carnival, as was the price. I was wrong.

Poor cabin steward. Example: Upon boarding found previous gusts coffee still in pot. Steward took it to was and offered to bring it back later! Coffee is usually best in the am. 3rd bed was like a thin foam pad on a board.

My waiter. Paolo David, was the ONLY bright spot of my cruise. Attentive, professional, kind. BUT, I had to quarrel with the maître d' to sit in Paolo's section.

Food was good but not great. The was bountiful but not always kept as tidy as possible. Spills often left unattended.

Sparse entertainment. Magician, J.P., was FANTASTIC, as were the Russian aerialist/gymnast couple. We might have missed some features because the announcements were not audible in our cabin - only the passageway and Mr. Singh's English was unintelligible.

I'm sticking with Carnival while trying other lines.

Loud, Loud, Loud! Not the ship's fault. The props churning the water made it impossible to talk below a shout on the balcony. It was an experiment for me & lesson learned.

The Aft Deck 12 was the most pleasant seating.

Tender port. Doesn't allow handicap persons ability to go ashore unless they can walk with a cane.
Grubby.