Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

Not My Favorite Cruise

Sail Date: January 10, 2015

For starters, I will never again book a cruise out of Texas.  I thought that the cruise would depart near Houston; however, the terminal is in Pasadena, TX.  This meant an unexpected $200 just for my husband and I to travel to/from the airport to the cruise terminal.  Live and learn!  In addition, we thought that you would be allowed back into the United States with up to two liters of alcohol per person duty free, but Texas decides to tax you when you leave the cruise terminal.  We only had two bottles of leftover beer that we were taking off of the ship and the Texans were trying to charge us $2.50 in tax on those two bottles.  I threw them in the trash.  Forget it!

The customer service on the Norwegian Jewel was not as friendly as what I had experienced on Carnival and Royal Caribbean cruises, nor was the food quite as good.

There are too few free activities to do on board and the ones that do exist fill up so fast that you hardly have a chance at attending them.
The shore excursions that I booked on my own were much better than the crowded, expensive ones that the ship offers.
Missing a remote for the television the first few nights. Very few television channels are available. It was hard to get a consistent shower temperature. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable.