Wonderful Holiday our of Houston

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Houston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 10, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

The Norweigan Jewel left out of the Bayport Terminal near Houston.  The facilities there were good.  The ship was very nice, and the crew was exceptionally friendly.  I personally enjoy a smaller ship with fewer people, but the Jewel took care of the crowds well. The evening entertainment was good, but not as good as some I have experienced.  Overall the ship was lots of fun and the food good. Cozumel was a good port of call.  I did not get off the ship at Belize, as I had seen Mayan ruins and did not want to snorkle. Hondurus was okay, but nothing great.  Maybe it will improve with time. Overall I enjoyed my week on the Jewel.

There was good variety and good quality.

There was always a game or activity to participate in.

I did not care for the magician.

It looked good "from a distance" as I did not have a child involved.

Pablo on Deck 4 was our star crew member.

The ship was clean and in good condition.

It was small but comfortable. The location was great. The room was not noisy as one guest from another deck complained.

The room service is included in the ship fare. We enjoyed coffee sent to the room each morning. They also had large screen viewing of NFL football game playoffs.

NASA is nice.
We visited Mr. Sancho's Beach Resort.

Belize City, Belize Did not visit port

Did not get off ship at Belize.
We took a cab to see the city square. The driver did not speak English, so we were disappointed that he could not point out things.