Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Jewel of a vacation :)

Sail Date: March 21, 2015

Cruised to Cozumel, Belize and Honduras during spring break. This was my 7th cruise, but first on NCL. I booked an interior cabin, since it was just my husband and myself. The cabin seemed a tad smaller than some interior cabins on other cruise lines, but it was fine. The food of the jewel was very good, we ate most meals in the Garden Cafe, as we found the service in Azure dining room slow. Garden Cafe had amazing selections each and every night, especially loved the fresh grilled salmon. Used the gym four times to off set the fab food, I am a petite woman with a bear of an appetite. Our main complaint about the Jewel was the pool deck, which on sea days it was very congested. In addition, we found it annoying that the staff would clear away (stack up) lounge chairs at dinner time, although the pool was open until 10pm. We hoped there would be more comedy shows, as on other cruises there are typically 2 per day. Overall this was a fantastic trip, the ship and service were lovely. We enjoyed the ports of call. Cruises are always a great value in my book, hence my 7th one.

Children's Programs Looked fun, did not use though
A tad small, but a great value for the money. Bed was comfy and the storage space for clothing was good.
Houston, Texas
Belize City, Belize
Snorkeling with the sharks and sting rays, way cool
Trujillo, Honduras
Lovely friendly people, very underdeveloped country. Hope the revenue from the cruises stopping there will help improve the standard of living for the citizens

1 Comment