Western Carribean was all I wished it too be

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Houston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 17, 2015

First time cruising Norwegian as well as the Caribbean. Checked off couple locations off of my wife's bucket list ( Belize & Cozumel ). All 3 Ports/Destinations were incredible wheather taking a tour of Mayan Ruins, Snorkeling the Barrier Reef, laying out on White Sand Beaches with crystal clear waters or simply strolling Roatan Bay, Honduras meeting locals and learning about the culture. The Ship was large enough to feel safe yet layed out so was within any area of the ship to get involved with any of the activities. We enjoyed the Spinnaker Lounge activities and Dancing every night of the cruise and received great Bar service from the staff. We dined nightly in the 2 main dining rooms ( Azura or Tsars ) and the food & Desserts were very good, I would like to of seen the 2 Main Dining Rooms open later then 9:30 ship time as being from West Coast it was rather early for me to eat dinner so I was at risk of missing dinner ( did arrive at 9:45 and talked staff into allowing mus to eat. We did not go into any of the " Specialty" restaurants on board but did see quite a few passengers doing so. The Buffet had good Variety but feedback I had given the ship was the food go be warmer as by the time I made my plate, ot beverages and found seating most of the food was room temperature at best. The Freestyle was different for us as all our other cruises had Dinner structure etc including Formal nights and themed attire while the Freestyle was just that ( though you still needed to be with Collar shirt for main Dining Rooms ) My Wife liked the idea of getting " Fancy" so we still did so even though most other passengers didn't dress up...In discussing with my wife how she liked cruise etc. we both would recommend both this Cruise Line and this ship for a future cruise.

Very Good in Main Dining but less than desireable in Buffet due to food temperature

Enjoyed the Games and Lounges ( Fyzzz & Spinnaker the most )

Cirque show, Acrobats, Magic/Comedy,Really good guitarist who did tribute noghts to Neil Diamnd & James Taylor

N/A

Reaaly not good with Names but we had 3 individuals who we saw multiple times on board and always very helpful and courteous.

Layed out well - all parts were within easy access or walking distance

Normal Cruise Cabin

Use the Freestyle Daily to help plan your daily activities... Prepay and set up Excursions if possible as line can get long on board for those that didn't preplan.

Bus Tour
Mayan Tour, and Beach etaway was very Nice
Controlled Snorkel was crowded but Beach was wonderful and clean
Met a Local" Edward" and he took us in mini van around entire island and gave us an appreciatioon of the culture and island