Cruising is not what I thought it would be.

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Houston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 17, 2015

This was my first cruise and my wife's second in 30-years.  The cruise and cruise line changed my preconceived view of cruises.  It was a most enjoyable way to travel with plenty of the down time I wanted and the on shore experiences we both looked forward to having in the countries where we stopped.  The entire ship's crew was excellent and as attentive as possible.  The food, entertainment, and services were more than we expected.  We had the Ultimate Dining Package which was definitely worth the additional cost.  I wouldn't sail without it.  For a large ship (2500+ passengers) we found it easy to navigate and very convenient to use for our wants.  From our original embarkation to our final return, the crew and representatives made it a quick and efficient process to register and pass customs.  Definitely a repeat experience.  We are looking forward to more cruises.

Tim and Carol,

Gilbert, AZ

A wide variety of choices and more than enough....lookout waistline

So many choices and so much to do. Next trip, we will get to new ones.

All good with some great ones that match any I have seen in Las Vegas.

We didn't have need, but the children we saw were ecstatic.

Our cabin steward was amazing with everything attended to as you would expect.

Excellent condition and operation, reminding me of the best in facilities

Always ice in the bucket, bed made, and all in order. It was an excellent choice.

We had a mid-ship cabin with a large window (5th level) that met all of our needs. This position gave us a comfortable ride and close access to everything. Certainly upgrade as you wish, but even the lesser berths are great.

Consider sharing a taxi from the airport (IAH) to the port or a rental car. The transfer via Norwegian tour bus is rather pricey given the distance and number of persons on the bus.
There are many options, we went snorkeling in the excellent nearby reefs. The experience was top notch.
Our tour of the local Mayan ruins was surprising in its size and condition. The city tour was interesting, but could be deleted.
We toured the island and saw great spots for extended stays (West Bay). The walk from the ship to shore excursions is really short. Consider local beach trips to enjoy the water sports.