Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Had a great time!

Sail Date: January 19, 2014

We really enjoyed our cruise. The weather was perfect and the ports were awesome. The food was really good overall, there were only a few meals where i didn't have something that i didn't care for. Oh, but we were annoyed by one of the complimentary restaurants called Tsar's Palace. It had the exact same food as Azura (the other complimentary restaurant) but they had a stricter dress code for seemingly no reason. My husband and I both showed up wearing jeans and t shirts for dinner because we didn't know about the dress code and they said that I could come in and sit down and wait for him to go all the way back to our room and change. So we went to the other restaurant instead. The buffet probably had the best food and the most variety for all meals. The casino was fun, but I wish they had more than one blackjack table with a $5 minimum. There were constantly people hovering around the one $5 minimum table and it was hard to get a seat. Also, although there were lots of activites on the ship, most of the ones I wanted to do all took place at the same time. Other cruises I've done would have stuff like line dance classes in the mid morning/afternoon and not at night when the evening shows are going on. We paid extra to eat at the Teppanyaki restaurant, Chin Chin (chinese) and Moderno (Brazilian steakhouse) and all three of them were definitely worth the money. Hope this helps!

Small rooms, but that's to be expected.
The activities were fun but not spaced out well. There would be hours of nothing and then two or three things I liked all at once.
Children's Programs Don't have kids, didn't participate. Seemed to have lots of stuff for them though.
I was surprised at how many things you had to pay extra for. I understand having to pay extra for activities like a pub crawl, but they even charged extra for a galley tour. I've never had a cruise line charge for that before.
I was surprised by how beautiful Honduras was! There is basically nothing to do in Costa Maya if you don't have an excursion planned.
New Orleans, Louisiana
LOVE this city. The cruise port was really easy to get to as well.
The shop keepers are really pushy about trying to get you in their stores. A place downstairs by Hooters had $1 beer though!
Belize City, Belize
We had an AMAZING tour to Altun-Ha and a boat ride down the Belize River
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Absolutely beautiful
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Not much to do here. Definitely recommend booking a tour here.

The pools are always less crowded in the mornings on the day that we're in port. Also, the lines for dinner are always really long around 815, after the first evening show gets out.