Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Fun if you're 60+ years old

Sail Date: January 12, 2014

I have been on 4 crusies and I have to say that the best part was that we couldn't get sick with all the hand washing and spraying. But as for the rest, it was just OK.

Some of the shows were good but the clubs were not to my liking. Walking through the crowds was like being in a sea of white hair. It was very slow monving and hardly anyone I had anything in common with. I have been on Carnival twice and Royal Carribean twice and would prefer either of these to NCL.

The ship's musical performances throughout catered to an older crowd, there was just not much variety.

I did howver enjoy the excursions but that is not to NCL's credit as you can book excursions thorugh a third party (which I did) and it's much cheaper to same one that way.

I recommend the cave tubing in Belize but don't do it if you can hold the tube while hiking for about 45 minutes through the woods and rock.

One of the two included restaurants was better that the other. I recommend Tsars Palace over Azura. The wait staff of much more friendly and your food comes out in a timely fashion unlike Azura.

I also ate at 2 of the specialty restaurants, Chin Chin and Moderno (Brazillian Steackouse). Chin Chin was not that great, there were two crying childern that the parents would not control or remove and the food took forever. You would have thought that poor waiter worked all alone. But he didn't so there was no excuse for the poor service we received for something we paid extra for,

This has also been the first cruise where I had to pay for drinks that were non-alcoholic. It's a good thing I dont drink soda but I would have been upset if I had to pay for it.

Any way,I could go on for days about my experence. Overall it wasn't horrible but it was certainly not the best I've ever been on.

The service was really bad in more than one onsite restaurant and took forever to get our needs met.
The staff were very friendly
Ventriloquist was excellent as well as Cirque de Bijou
Children's Programs N/A
Great if I was a 60 year old woman
Cozumel is my favorite place to visit in Mexico. I always purchase an all inclusive beach package
New Orleans, Louisiana
I love leaving our of N.O. They have the best port. Very easy to maneuver.
Purchase an all inclusive excursion to get the most bang for your buck.
Belize City, Belize
I recommend the Cave Tubing but you can purchase with a third party for a better deal.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
The locals harass you something awful and also want you to take a taxi somewhere that you can walk to for free.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico