7 Day Caribbean Cruise

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

invalid-35134
Sail Date: October 13, 2013
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

For the money this was a good cruise. As compared to other cruise lines I have traveled (Carnival) (Royal Carribean) is was not as good. The food in the main dining rooms got boring very quickly. Menus items that I have become accoustomed to getting on a regular basis... ie:shrimp cocktail, chilled soups, gourmet desserts etc, were only available in the specialty dining rooms for an additional charge. The right side of the menu stayed the same for the entire 7 days. I did get the personalized attention from the wait staff that I have come to expect. Cherrylnn, (Dinning Room Manger) and Sandra,( Dietician) went way above all expectation.  One of our party has a condition which she has to be gluten free and these two ladies went out of their way to make dinner fantastic.  The entertainment was very good. The activities were good, but not very diverse. The cabins were smaller than other cruise lines. The comfort of the common seating areas was lacking, and the buffet only had seating on the starboard side. It wasn't a bad experience, just not as good as some other cruises I have taken.

Nothing to write home about, so so.

n/a

one couple in our party recieved notice of a death in the family. The crew was very understanding and worked with our friends.

Just a little small
I would like to see covered parking.

Cozumel, Mexico Did not visit port

The Dolphinaris was great.
Great Beach for diving