All the extras

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 20, 2013
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
Cabin Number: 10656-59
I enjoyed the crew as they were exceptional. I didn't enjoy having to learn that very little besides the main dining room and buffet were free. We had to pay for sodas even. They were nearly $5 for a class. On other cruises that I have gone on with Royal Carribean, there was no extra tip charge, most everything was all inclusive including sodas. The cost for the extra tips was $12 per day per person and I took 8 people with me. That was nearly $700 additional dollars at the end of the cruise for tips. I think that it should be included in the price so you aren't hit with the backend costs that were somewhat hidden until the last day of the cruise. I won't go with them again very likely.

Use the Italian restaurant to sit for breakfast and lunch. It's easier to find a seat.