Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Better than Expected

Sail Date: March 04, 2007

The Norwegian Jewel of Norwegian Cruise Lines was my very first cruise. I had heard stories from friends and family about fabulous cruises on other lines, so my expectations were fairly high. After boarding the beautiful ship, I was in awe. The ship was not even 2 years old as everything was sparkling. The staterooms were comfy and spacious enough for 2 independent people in their smallest room. The food service has been some of the best food I've come across in many years, and I was treated to a week of it! The Freestyle Cruising was excellent for me since I had never cruised before. We were able to eat, dance, drink, eat, relax, and eat whenever we wanted. There were no formal dress codes throughout the ship, which made some nights very comfortable.

Pros: Food, Entertainment, Ports of Call, Freestyle Cruising

Cons: Internet Access, Demographics

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? Yes!

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Megan Beach is one of the newest beaches on St. Thomas. With a cover charge of $3 US, it is very well worth the taxi ride out there.
Don't Miss: Megan Beach
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I spent the day touring around Old San Juan and was awed by the sights and sounds.
Don't Miss: Old San Juan
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
The best part about this stop was that it was part of NCL's line. The food and drinks were all included and there was friendly NCL staff on the island playing, eating, and sunning with you.
Don't Miss: Volleyball and Tug-of-War
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Don't Miss: Old San Juan
St. John's, Antigua
I went to Castaway Bay, which was by far my favorite beach of the trip. Waves of crystal clear water with a view of aqua/blue water in the distance was the shoreline. I could not be any more impressed.
Don't Miss: Castaway Bay