Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

DISAPPOINTED

Sail Date: March 23, 2008

THE FOOD IS ONLY AVERAGE AT BEST AND DOES NOT HAVE A GREAT SELECTION EITHER IN THE BUFFET OR THE RESTAURANTS. THE QUANTITY OF FOOD IN THE RESTAURANTS IS VERY SMALL, ITS EMBARASSING TO ASK FOR MORE! THE BINGO SEEMS TO BE THEIR BIGGEST CONCERN, AND ALSO THE BIGGEST RIP OFF. AT THE POOL I ASKED FOR ICE WATER SEVERAL TIMES AND NO ONE BROUGHT IT TO ME.
I COMPLAINED ABOUT THE SEATS AND THE ACTIVITY GUY SAID THAT THE PEOPLE IN THE YELLOW SHIRTS ARE SUPPOSED TO CHECK THE SEATS FOR USE. I NEVER SEEN THEM DO THAT ONLY PICKUP STUFF PEOPLE LEFT AROUND. IT WAS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET DECENT TIMES FOR THE RESTAURANTS ALWAYS BOOKED TO THE LIMIT . I THINK THAT ITS BETTER TO HAVE A SCHEDULED EATING TIME AT LEAST THAT WAY WERE NOT EATING AT 9PM. MY ROOM HAD A DIRTY BLANKET ON IT AND THAT WAS VERY GROSS. OUR CRUISE ON CARNIVAL WAS HALF THE PRICE AND TEN TIMES BETTER!!!!!!!!!NEEDLESS TO SAY WE ARE VERY DISSATISFIED WITH NCL.IT IS ABSURD THAT YOU HAVE MORE RESTAURANTS THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY ADDITIONAL FOR THAN THE REGULAR MEAL. GETTING ABOARD THE SHIP WAS AT LEAST MORE THAN 1 HOUR IN LINE AND GETTING TREATED LIKE CATTLE. PERSONALLY I THINK NCL OWES A DECENT CRUISE!!!

Pros: NEWER SHIP

Cons: NOT ENOUGH LOUNGE CHAIRS BY POOL ALSO SEATS WERE RIPPED AND IN BAD SHAPE

Recommends Norwegian Jewel? No.

THE CATAMARAN WAS A VERY NICE EXCURSION
George Town, Grand Cayman
THERE REALLY IS NOT MUCH TO SEE.