Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

Average

Sail Date: March 26, 2016

The Port in Houston is very unorganized, The ship is very clean, and staff very efficient, my Cabin 11088 was a very roomy mini suite with a nice sized Balcony, conveniently located.

My cabin Steward Louis was on top of his duties daily and i had no complaints.

The Cruise director and entertainment  were my least favorite, Not as professional orTalented as the  entertaining as my past cruise on The Spirit 2 months ago, The comedian was not funny, the mentalist was average, and his ego was bigger than his talent , i am use to better las vegas style shows on past cruises, on my last 5 cruises.

I did not spend time at pool as it was spring break and way too many small children since 2 pools close together and not a kids only area meant kids in both pools and hot tubs, a lot of un escorted minors drinking alcohol as well,

The spa is wonderful , and the thermal lounge was worth the upgrade.

Upscale dining was very good the 5 night package was my preference, i did not like Moderno, loved Cagneys and Le Bistro.

I enjoyed the additional Chef's Table  private dinner and the Chef was by far the most Entertaining personality on the whole ship, he is a very Talented ,Naturally Comedic man,

The Port of Cozumel, by far my favorite, Belize City is dirty and disappointing if you are not taking an excursion, no natural beaches...

The port of Roatan is a nightmare , being yelled at from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave by people who make their living 1 day a week by hawking services and sometimes cheating tourists who do not pay attention to the conversion rate.

The 2 days at Sea are very disappointing, the ship sped very fast out of Roatan upon departure only to find us only 178 nautical miles from Houston on day 2 at sea,which led to the ship slowing down to a crawl for most of the morning, then sped up again that put us right in the middle of a low cloud bank and overcast skies,this forced people back  inside to eat, drink and buy more wi fi minutes, as the Entertainment was lagging and not many guests attended ,game shows or activities at all...we were in port by 11:30 pm that night as i watched from my balcony...disembarkation was a total nightmare and the staff in port as well as customs , move at a whole different pace..many people i spoke to only spent 350 for their cruise the last week before the sail date, unfortunately many of those people were located near my cabin and they chose to enjoy the alcohol upgrade instead of food and my deck was very noisy 24/7

Belize city as well as Roatan are not good ports unless you have planned excursions

1 Comment